Wednesday, June 29, 2011

And The Season 1 Winner of The Voice Is...

Javier Colon from Team Adam beat out three other finalists tonight for a $100,000 cash prize, a record deal, and bragging rights. The last part mostly applies to his coach Adam Levine, but still, Javier Colon has officially been named The Voice.

I wont lie, right before the show, at exactly 7:50 PM, I checked Itunes and saw Dia Frampton from Team Blake in the number 3 spot for most sales. Javier was in 7th and Beverly and Vicci were not even in the top 10. At that moment, I thought Dia was winning it all.

Towards the end of the show, when they said the results were extremely close between the top 2 (with less than 2% of a difference) I still thought Dia would be the winner. I think that made it all the sweeter for me because when Carson announced Javier as the winner, I jumped (a little.)

It was unexpected but still kind of expected. He was so emotional when Carson announced his name, you could tell how badly he wanted it. He deserved it.

I am so happy for him and so excited for the music he is going to release. As for Dia, I am not worried about her. She was releasing singles with her group Meg&Dia before the show aired and with all of this exposure and Blake Shelton behind her, she will succeed. This is not the last we will see of her.

The top 8 finalists will be touring this summer. Other than that, we have to wait for season 2 to air. All of the coaches will be returning to scout new talent, I can`t wait!!

Here are some of tonights performances. The last elimination show for season 1 consisted of the final 4 singing alongside some of the music industries greatest. Country star Miranda Lambert sang with Dia, Patrick Monahan from Train sang with Vicci, Ryan Tedder from One Republic surprisingly sang with Beverly, and the legendary Stevie Nicks joined Javier for a duet :







No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts